News & Media
Close
View News

University preparation and careers

University preparation and careers

Guidance on the choice of Higher Education courses is given by  a team of professionals which includes the Head of Careers, the Head of Sixth Form, form tutors and subject specialists. We also run an external speaker programme with presentations on higher education and employment, led by business experts and university admissions tutors.

Students are encouraged to consider their career prospects when choosing GCSE and A Level subjects, and a biennial Careers Convention is held at the school, allowing them to talk to a number of prospective employers from relevant industries.

In Year 12, they receive weekly careers lessons, led by the Head of Careers, and they take part in BridgeU, a revolutionary programme which matches academic, professional and social preferences to recommend best-fit universities and courses, both in the UK and abroad, from over 100 000 options. Furthermore, students attend the annual UCAS Conference in Surrey, they spend a day at the University of Reading, and they take part in a seminar on how to write a compelling Personal Statement, led by the University of Southampton.

In Year 13, students receive weekly careers lessons, led by the Head of Careers and the Head of Sixth Form, as well as individualised and tailored support on writing their UCAS application, including their Personal Statement. Emphasis is placed on how to maximise their chances of being successful at getting into their choice of university. We also run an extensive programme on employability skills, covering topics like graduate recruitment, higher apprenticeships, and work experience, amongst others. Furthermore, students undertake a mock interview with an experienced external interviewer as practice for university or employment interviews. The College students to seek relevant work experience placements to enhance their university applications.

quote-mark

A well planned enrichment programme in the Sixth Form enables pupils to explore their options for the future and take on additional leadership opportunities, encouraging a culture of mature contribution to the school community

ISI Inspection Report 2014

News & Media

-
featuredImg

Admissions

-
featuredImg